Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export nodes' coordinates and nodes' displacements data?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm running the eign-frequency analysis of a small membrane in structural mechanics module. After the simulation, the membrane gets deformed. Right now I wanna export the data including the nodes' coordinates in X,Y,Z axes and the displacements of these nodes in X,Y,Z axes also. How can I do that?

I'm using the version 4.2 and I choose "export->data". The file only shows data in X,Y,Z, and I've no idea what the data is?

Thanks,
Lu

2 Replies Last Post 17.11.2011, 12:50 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.11.2011, 11:51 GMT-5
I have these questions because I wanna export data to matlab and do postprocessing. I wanna plot the original shape of this membrane and the shape of the deformed membrane. And also I wanna plot the decompositions of the deformations in X,Y,Z axes.

Thanks,
Liu
I have these questions because I wanna export data to matlab and do postprocessing. I wanna plot the original shape of this membrane and the shape of the deformed membrane. And also I wanna plot the decompositions of the deformations in X,Y,Z axes. Thanks, Liu

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.11.2011, 12:50 GMT-5
Hi

with livelink to matlab yo can export all or part of the data directly to matlab, see the appropriate doc, you can also export part of a data Set, or 1-3D plot values ito csv fles. read carefully the doc, try an indexed search on the doc, or via the help file. There are many examples on the forum too, thry a search there too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi with livelink to matlab yo can export all or part of the data directly to matlab, see the appropriate doc, you can also export part of a data Set, or 1-3D plot values ito csv fles. read carefully the doc, try an indexed search on the doc, or via the help file. There are many examples on the forum too, thry a search there too -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.