Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL won't start on fresh Windows 10 installation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

I have tried to install both COMSOL 5.4 and 5.3a on my newly setup windows 10 machine, but neither of the two runs. I have tried to re-run the installer, delete the configuration directories in C:\Users\<username>.comsol and also installed Java (which as far as I understand should not be necessary as the COMSOL installer should take care of it.

What can I do?

Some of the errors I have experienced: After installing java, I get the following error when trying to rerun the installer on my COMSOL 5.3a installation: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\creat\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5736\lib\win64\csutil.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

However, the COMSOL 5.4 setup does not show this error and starts as expected. But when I try to start it I get the following error: 2019-10-05T13:25:10.070-04:00 C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\ext\graphicsmagick\win64;C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\lib\win64;C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\bin\win64;C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\java\win64\jre\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps; 2019-10-05T13:25:10.648-04:00 Could not load file or assembly 'JavaBridge.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. 2019-10-05T13:25:10.648-04:00 at Comsol.JavaCommunication.JavaBridgeCommandManager.InitBridge(String pipeName, Boolean devPlugins, List1 jvmArgs) at Comsol.JavaCommunication.JavaBridgeCommandManager..ctor(ICommandAnswerHandler[] answerHandlers, IClientBlocker clientBlocker, ICommunicationErrorHandler communicationErrorHandler, Boolean devPlugins, List1 jvmArgs) at ComsolDesktop.MainWindow.StartJava(Boolean devPlugins, List`1 jvmArgs, NDisconnectInfo disconnectInfo, IBridgeCommandManager oldMgr) at ComsolDesktop.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b10(Object unused) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Given that is a completely clean re-install of my entire computer, I am not sure why I would run into this.

Please help me!

0 Replies Last Post 05.10.2019, 19:27 MESZ
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Systemtechniker

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.