Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SOFC modelling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a starter interested in SOFC simulation.But I find it hard to understand the transport phenomena and the electrochemical phenomena,Could you pls direct me to dome links regarding the same.Also I would like to know what is the difference between primary current and secondary current.
Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 16.11.2016, 21:02 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ashwin Sudhakaran

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 16.11.2016, 21:02 GMT-5
Comsol has a good blog post that summarizes the differences between primary and secondary currents here:

www.comsol.com/blogs/current-distribution-interface-use/

Essentially, primary currents assume no charge transfer occurring at the electrode/electrolyte interface while secondary accounts for the kinetics at this interface.

Best,

Hunter
Comsol has a good blog post that summarizes the differences between primary and secondary currents here: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/current-distribution-interface-use/ Essentially, primary currents assume no charge transfer occurring at the electrode/electrolyte interface while secondary accounts for the kinetics at this interface. Best, Hunter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.