Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model 3D Geometry using Crosssections

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I recently modeled an integrated optics component using Comsol 4.2a. I managed to parametrize any appearing cross-section using only one remaining parameter, the position in the propagation direction of the light. I used this to model the optical waveguide mode along the structure, which helped making a number of design decisions. Now I want to finalize the design and run a full 3D simulation, but I have some trouble drawing the structure.

Is there a easy way to draw a 3D structure by connecting a number of 2D cross-sections? I remember there was a command 'loft' in 3.5a with the matlab interface, but I can not find that for 4.2a. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Niklas

1 Reply Last Post 04.12.2015, 10:44 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jan Niklas Caspers

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 04.12.2015, 10:44 GMT-5
Hello Jan,
Use the lofting capability, available in the Design Module: www.comsol.com/design-module
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Jan, Use the lofting capability, available in the Design Module: http://www.comsol.com/design-module Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.