Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where do you set the 'depth' of 2D model in 4.2a?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Before 4.x I used to set the 'depth' (z-axis) of a 2D model in subdomain setting. Where is it in 4.2a?

Thanks!

4 Replies Last Post 17.04.2012, 16:14 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.04.2012, 11:38 GMT-4
Hi

if the depth applies (not always the case), it's generally found in the main physics node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if the depth applies (not always the case), it's generally found in the main physics node -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.04.2012, 12:24 GMT-4

Hello~

I'm new for the Comsol simulation, and have the similar question about the depth of 2D model.
May I ask what's the original value that Comsol set of the depth (at z-axis) for the 2D model? Also, where can I change the value in 3.5 version? Thank you so much!
Hello~ I'm new for the Comsol simulation, and have the similar question about the depth of 2D model. May I ask what's the original value that Comsol set of the depth (at z-axis) for the 2D model? Also, where can I change the value in 3.5 version? Thank you so much!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.04.2012, 14:21 GMT-4
Hi

in most cases (but not always, pls check carefully ;) the default depth is 1[m] which means that everything in 2D is "per meter".

Unfortnately, it's too long since I last used 3.5, I just cannot remember, try to check the doc (I usually index my pdf, then search for "depth")

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in most cases (but not always, pls check carefully ;) the default depth is 1[m] which means that everything in 2D is "per meter". Unfortnately, it's too long since I last used 3.5, I just cannot remember, try to check the doc (I usually index my pdf, then search for "depth") -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.04.2012, 16:14 GMT-4

Hello~

I'm new for the Comsol simulation, and have the similar question about the depth of 2D model.
May I ask what's the original value that Comsol set of the depth (at z-axis) for the 2D model? Also, where can I change the value in 3.5 version? Thank you so much!

In 3.5, it's in the subdomain physics setting.
[QUOTE] Hello~ I'm new for the Comsol simulation, and have the similar question about the depth of 2D model. May I ask what's the original value that Comsol set of the depth (at z-axis) for the 2D model? Also, where can I change the value in 3.5 version? Thank you so much! [/QUOTE] In 3.5, it's in the subdomain physics setting.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.