Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Visualization of the filling process of a volume by air

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

How I can visualize the filling process?
I'm gonna use the laminar flow (spf) package and want to simulate the filling procedure of a simple geometry for example a tube system with one inlet and one outlet. Now the time dependent problem is solved and I can visualize the velocity field, pressure field and so on. Is there any possibillity to show the time dependent state of the exchanged air? May be there is a model in the library but i didn't found any fitting problem.
Thanks for help, regards
Tristan

2 Replies Last Post 02.05.2012, 06:49 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.04.2012, 07:36 GMT-4
Hi

isnt that then some particle flowe visualisation you need ?

if you have 2 fluids, then you can always plot i.e. the density and see the two (if they differ in density) versus the time

Or have I missed something ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi isnt that then some particle flowe visualisation you need ? if you have 2 fluids, then you can always plot i.e. the density and see the two (if they differ in density) versus the time Or have I missed something ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.05.2012, 06:49 GMT-4
Hello

thanks for answering my posting!

the visiualisation of the particle flowe would be the next step in my work. First I want to understand the exchange of the air / fluid.

But how I can implement the second / incoming fluid in comsol. Then it would be a easy one to seperate them at the post processing.
may I didn't capture the concept... ;-)

Tristan
Hello thanks for answering my posting! the visiualisation of the particle flowe would be the next step in my work. First I want to understand the exchange of the air / fluid. But how I can implement the second / incoming fluid in comsol. Then it would be a easy one to seperate them at the post processing. may I didn't capture the concept... ;-) Tristan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.