Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot E11 & S11 in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Actually my problem statement is that I am modelling a unit cell with spherical inclusions. i have modeled whole problem in abaqus but with proper prony series of epoxy it's not showing hysteresis, which i get in comsol model.
I am facing problem in plotting S11 and E11 vs. time. from this plot i will get phase lag between stress and strain plot, from which i get damping of material
I want S11 (stress in x direction) & E11(Strain in X direction) can u please tell me how can i plot that in comsol.

I can plot piola kirchoff stress but what i want is Stress in X direction along with strain kindly help me.

Thanks in advance...

1 Reply Last Post 05.06.2012, 18:13 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.06.2012, 18:13 GMT-4
In Abaqus S11 is the first component of the Cauchy stress and E11 is the first component of the integrated total strain. The Cauchy stress in COMSOL post-processing is called the “Stress tensor”. The first and second Piola-Kirchhoff stresses are also available as you noted. Also the “Strain tensor” in COMSOL is the Green-Lagrange strain tensor for hyperelastic materials and large deformation elastic and viscoelastic materials.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
In Abaqus S11 is the first component of the Cauchy stress and E11 is the first component of the integrated total strain. The Cauchy stress in COMSOL post-processing is called the “Stress tensor”. The first and second Piola-Kirchhoff stresses are also available as you noted. Also the “Strain tensor” in COMSOL is the Green-Lagrange strain tensor for hyperelastic materials and large deformation elastic and viscoelastic materials. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.