Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

temperature of an expanding gas

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to simulate the temperature of a gas due to expanding or compressing of the gas which flows though a channel with changing cross section. But I don't know with which module I can do this. Because all tutorials or examples I find the temperature changes not because of the expanding of the gas itself but because of a heat flux from outside.
So is it possible and what module do I need?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 06.06.2012, 05:57 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.06.2012, 05:57 GMT-4
Hi,

Comsol CFD has one example of diffuser:

www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/10407/

It should be under models/CFD/High mach number flow.

Best regards

Tero
Hi, Comsol CFD has one example of diffuser: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/10407/ It should be under models/CFD/High mach number flow. Best regards Tero

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.