Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

about change of distance between coils

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to find magnetic field effect by using two circular coils placing one above the other , by varying distance between the coils , i defined parameter values like X_para (for diatance ) , i am attching model ...can you please let me know what is problem and the can you give solution

--
kishore Naik Mude

3 Replies Last Post 15.06.2012, 07:23 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.06.2012, 05:46 GMT-4
Hi

the main issue you have is that you start withr=0.2 for the inner and for the outer circle, this means that you start with only 2 domains, then you add a third domain. This is a "topology change", COMSOL needs to renumber all entitiy IDs and then your definitions get wrong.

The rule: never change the topology within a study, do it manually and then check all your BCs and physics ONLY in between the studies.

In your case, the simplest make the inner circle at a radius of r=0.19 and run it again (do not forget to select first the 2 Cu domains single turn coil domains, as these have been deselected by the topology change)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the main issue you have is that you start withr=0.2 for the inner and for the outer circle, this means that you start with only 2 domains, then you add a third domain. This is a "topology change", COMSOL needs to renumber all entitiy IDs and then your definitions get wrong. The rule: never change the topology within a study, do it manually and then check all your BCs and physics ONLY in between the studies. In your case, the simplest make the inner circle at a radius of r=0.19 and run it again (do not forget to select first the 2 Cu domains single turn coil domains, as these have been deselected by the topology change) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.06.2012, 06:38 GMT-4

Thanks ivar its working now ...but i need suggestion how i can change the distance between two coil ?
if i change parametric sweep, which parameter i need to change and where to make change
pls suggest me
Thanks in advance
--
kishore Naik Mude
Thanks ivar its working now ...but i need suggestion how i can change the distance between two coil ? if i change parametric sweep, which parameter i need to change and where to make change pls suggest me Thanks in advance -- kishore Naik Mude

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.06.2012, 07:23 GMT-4
Hi

indeed now its a common coil, if you want an air gap in between you need to define the intermediate domain as "air"

if you want to move one up or laterally, you need to add parameters for the circle centre coordinates, and update your parametric sweep settings.

In all cases do not make the circles become tangeant, or cross each other scuh that you end ump with more or less domains for the max and min values of your scan

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed now its a common coil, if you want an air gap in between you need to define the intermediate domain as "air" if you want to move one up or laterally, you need to add parameters for the circle centre coordinates, and update your parametric sweep settings. In all cases do not make the circles become tangeant, or cross each other scuh that you end ump with more or less domains for the max and min values of your scan -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.