Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF Module. Electric field losses inside a 3D block. Source inside the block.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I amb building a model in order to simulate the propagation losses of an electric field through one or different materials (3D). In this case, I'm building a cylinder with knowed electrical properties of its inside material domain.

Inside this block, I want to put an electromagnetic source in a point (in a real case, would be a transmitting antenna).
Then, in a plot I would like see the electric field losses arround different points or planes inside this cylinder.

I attach my model's file in this post. I don't find the way to plot my model and see the results. The frequency of my signal will be 868 MHz, I want know the electrical field losses in this frequency.
I don't know if the point inside the cylinder must work like a dipole, or if the only way is see the losses of an external electric field that through all the block.

I really hope somebody could help me. I didn't find anything like that in model exchange section.
Thank you so much.

Francis

0 Replies Last Post 02.07.2012, 13:55 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francis Lopez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.