Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PML option in COMSOL version 4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working through the tutorial "Antenna decoupling using an electromagnetic band gap metamaterial" and stuck at the point to create the PML layers. This tutorial was set up for version 4.2a and I am using version 4.3 where the PML option is not showing up at the EM waves menu. Could someone please explain how to configure PML for version 4.3?

Thanks in advance,
Rad

4 Replies Last Post 10.08.2012, 03:12 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.07.2012, 17:00 GMT-4
Can't you just open 4.2 example in 4.3 and see how it's done? I haven't looked at 4.3 myself yet...
Can't you just open 4.2 example in 4.3 and see how it's done? I haven't looked at 4.3 myself yet...

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.07.2012, 01:31 GMT-4
Hi

read the doc its in there, some explanations to in the release doc,
In v4.3 all PML has been regrouped to better unify between the physics, they are now defined in the top Model Definition (and not Global) node right-click.

This is a feature I still have not tested in my new v4.3 version

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi read the doc its in there, some explanations to in the release doc, In v4.3 all PML has been regrouped to better unify between the physics, they are now defined in the top Model Definition (and not Global) node right-click. This is a feature I still have not tested in my new v4.3 version -- Good luck Ivar

Fernando F. Dall`Agnol

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.08.2012, 10:54 GMT-4
I can`t find the PML feature anywhere in version 4.3. Does somebody know where did it go?
Thanks, Fernando
I can`t find the PML feature anywhere in version 4.3. Does somebody know where did it go? Thanks, Fernando

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.08.2012, 03:12 GMT-4
Hi
check your new PDf doc or the help files, there are a search therein too ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check your new PDf doc or the help files, there are a search therein too ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.