Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Create a 1D line Plot of a 3d surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'am trying to do a simple simulation with a 3d hollow half sphere that is heated on the inner surface.
The heating leads to a displacement which i want visualise in a 1d line plot. The plot should be a vertical section through the sphere (see attached file) , but i only want the outer surface to be visualised as a line. So just using a cutplane doesn't work.
I attached a little scheme which hopefully helps you to understand my model and what i want.

It was easy to create the plot i wanted in a 2d model, but unfortunatly this i no longer an option.

i really hope anyone can help me with this little problem!

Best regads

0 Replies Last Post 23.08.2012, 07:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Laticau

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.