Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help on choosing different Navier-Stokes Model in AC electro thermal simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all,

I want to build a Comsol model on AC electro thermal pumping. There will be three sub-model in this simulation. What I choose are conductive Media DC, Incompressible Navier-Stoke and heat model. However, when I choose the Incompressible Navier-Stoke model as my main mechanical pumping model, I found there are two different Incompressible Navier-Stoke model in the Comsol, one is from Comsol multiphysics with the name of Incompressible Navier-Stoke(ns), another is from MEMS Model with the name of Incompressible Navier-Stoke (mmglf).

The simulation result is different even other condition are exactly same. I do not why it happen, the equations of these two Incompressible Navier-Stoke model are same, the only difference I found is in Incompressible Navier-Stoke (mmglf) model, its has a channl thickness option and a "add shallow channel approximation" option. What this mean, does this mean its a 3D channle and has a length on Z direction?
When I want to do a simulation, which model I should trust and use. What is the difference between the two Navier-Stokes model. Thanks a lots.

Quan

0 Replies Last Post 17.02.2010, 18:09 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Quan Yuan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.