Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Point source for exciting a typical waveguide [RF module]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate a typical waveguide by transient analysis (2D problem, In Plane TE Waves). I have simply set a point source at the cross section of two interior boundaries within the waveguide (I0=I0s*sin(2*pi*freq*t)). However, when solving for Az, no unique behavior comes out for the fields even at the point source; I mean at least I should have sinusoidal variations. Also, when I alter the final time value (even with identical time steps) no linear behavior is observed. Is there any special strategy to adjust time settings for these kinds of problems? Or any strategy to define sources?
I know that time harmonic analysis can solve this special problem, but for gaussian sources or similar cases, transient analysis is required.

0 Replies Last Post 17.02.2010, 21:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello mil alias

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.