How to perform a Monte Carlo Simulation over a transient study for sensitivity analysis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am working with a model that uses as physiscs the Richards equation in a 2D domain, this is a transient study. I want to perform Monte carlo simulations over the Darcy flux (one of the variables of the Richards equation called dl.U within the software), this variable is a function of the position (x,y coordinates) and time. I want to perform this Monte Carlo simulations for an specific x,y darcy flux but for all times. However, I cannot do it using just the parametric sweep tool, since there are needed a lot of simulations (more than 10^6) and the software crashed and I cannot proceed with the Ishigami function approach that Comsol proposed in the documentation, since it is not possible to define an analitycal function dl.U, since this is a result of numerical solution for the Richards equation. So I would like to know if someone knows how to perform this kind of study in Comsol?

thank you Camila Forero

0 Replies Last Post 15.02.2024, 06:06 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Laura Camila Forero

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.