Mode conversion in Bent Oversized Waveguides

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to study mode conversion ( to TE20,TE30,TE40) and attenuation of TE10 mode (input mode) in bent oversized WGs. To do that I added a "electromagnetic waves, frequency domain" study, where I added 4 port nodes to the physical input port ( TE10 with "on" as wave excitation, TE20,TE30 and TE430 with "off" as wave excitation ), and 4 port nodes to the physical output port ( TE10,TE20,TE30,TE40 all with "off" as wave excitation ). My only doubt is about the options "activate slit condition on interior ports " and "enable active port feedback" ( where excitation is on ). What are these options used for ? Do you think I should use these options? I leave the .mph model in attachement,

Thanks you in advance

1 Reply Last Post 04.03.2024, 21:12 GMT-5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago 04.03.2024, 21:12 GMT-5
Updated: 2 months ago 04.03.2024, 21:12 GMT-5

If the ports are on the surface of your domain you do not have an interior port that requires the slit condition.

Active port feedback adjusts the exciting signal to deposit the specified amount of power. Convenient for some types of plots, but will not affect S parameters calculated by Comsol as these come from ratios.

If the ports are on the surface of your domain you do not have an interior port that requires the slit condition. Active port feedback adjusts the exciting signal to deposit the specified amount of power. Convenient for some types of plots, but will not affect S parameters calculated by Comsol as these come from ratios.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.