Coupling of an algebraic equation with Transport of Diluted Species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL community!

I'm very new to the software and I couldn't find anything in the documentation, so maybe one of you can give me a quick hint.

I'm using the Transport of Diluted Species module to compute concentration profiles (2D) in a nanofluidic device. Now I want to add a chemical equilbrium condition at a boundary: K(G0 - Gs) - cGs = 0, where K and G0 are constants, c is the concentration at the boundary (dependent variable from the Transport of Diluted Species) and Gs is a surface concentration (the variable I want to solve for). I'm trying to implement that using the Boundary ODEs and DAEs module. However, I don't quite get how the dependent variable from the TDS can be accessed. Especially I don't get how to get the concentration value just at the boundary, i.e. the 1D concentration distribution.

Thank you!

Best regards, Florian

2 Replies Last Post 11.04.2024, 07:17 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 weeks ago 10.04.2024, 09:47 GMT-4
Updated: 3 weeks ago 10.04.2024, 09:47 GMT-4

Hello Florian,

Perhaps this tutorial model could be helpful to you.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Florian, Perhaps [this tutorial model](https://www.comsol.com/model/transport-and-adsorption-5) could be helpful to you. Jeff

Posted: 3 weeks ago 11.04.2024, 07:17 GMT-4

Thank you, that helped a lot!

Cheers, Florian

Thank you, that helped a lot! Cheers, Florian

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.