How to Add AC Voltage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I encountered some problems while using the current component in the AC/DC module, and I hope you can help me answer them. After adding an AC voltage with an amplitude of 5V to the model, the actual simulation result shows that the voltage amplitude is only 10^-7 power. I want to know what's going on. Or if you know how to add AC voltage, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply Last Post 25.04.2024, 22:24 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 week ago 25.04.2024, 22:24 GMT-4

Hard to say without seeing your model. Maybe you didn't specify your voltage excitation properly. Maybe you fed your voltage into a shorted connection (dropping the voltage to ~0). Or maybe you misinterpreted something in post processing your results. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Hard to say without seeing your model. Maybe you didn't specify your voltage excitation properly. Maybe you fed your voltage into a shorted connection (dropping the voltage to ~0). Or maybe you misinterpreted something in post processing your results. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.