Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CAD import problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to import three COMSOL CAD objects. I have no problem to import each object in COMSOL CAD and work with it.

However, it is impossible to import two or more objects in the same simulation. When I try to work with them I get:
Error: 2023
Unable to resolve the relationships subdomain

What I can do?
Thank you very much for all your suggestions.
Alicia

6 Replies Last Post 06.04.2010, 18:31 MESZ

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.03.2010, 12:45 MEZ
Hi,

Could you explain more your problem?? I could not understand " it is impossible to import two or more objects in the same simulation" ?
Hi, Could you explain more your problem?? I could not understand " it is impossible to import two or more objects in the same simulation" ?

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.03.2010, 13:14 MEZ
Hi,
I will try to explain it better ...
My simulation is an example of electromagnetism, where I have several objects: a coil, a core .... etc. Each of these objects are saved in different CAD files.
I import one by one these Comsol files and I can draw on the same plane XYZ, but when I try to work with this system I get the error:
Error: 2023
Unable to resolve relationships subdomain
However, if I only work with one of these objects (the coil, for example) I can make the entire simulation...and I don't know why.

I hope it is clear now!
Thanks,
Alicia
Hi, I will try to explain it better ... My simulation is an example of electromagnetism, where I have several objects: a coil, a core .... etc. Each of these objects are saved in different CAD files. I import one by one these Comsol files and I can draw on the same plane XYZ, but when I try to work with this system I get the error: Error: 2023 Unable to resolve relationships subdomain However, if I only work with one of these objects (the coil, for example) I can make the entire simulation...and I don't know why. I hope it is clear now! Thanks, Alicia

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.03.2010, 13:20 MEZ
Try to import all your objects. After that export the whole geometry as a separate .mphbin file.
Load again this file and try to make your simulation.

Another question: which CAD file are you using??
Try to import all your objects. After that export the whole geometry as a separate .mphbin file. Load again this file and try to make your simulation. Another question: which CAD file are you using??

Posted: 1 decade ago 31.03.2010, 09:20 MESZ
Thank you very much for you advice. I tried to do what you said but I got the same error.
My CAD files are .stl.
I solved my problem using two pairs in the geometry .....I do not know why, but it was solved!!
Regards,
Alicia
Thank you very much for you advice. I tried to do what you said but I got the same error. My CAD files are .stl. I solved my problem using two pairs in the geometry .....I do not know why, but it was solved!! Regards, Alicia

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.04.2010, 23:00 MESZ
Hi Alicia,

I have the same problem. Could you give a quick hint as to what:
"using two pairs in the geometry"
means?

Thanks in advance!
-OK
Hi Alicia, I have the same problem. Could you give a quick hint as to what: "using two pairs in the geometry" means? Thanks in advance! -OK

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.04.2010, 18:31 MESZ
Hi Oliver,
The easiest solution for my problem was: first, I imported the geometry and then, I selected the option "Use Assembly" in the "Draw" menu.
I hope it is useful for you.
Good luck,
Alicia
Hi Oliver, The easiest solution for my problem was: first, I imported the geometry and then, I selected the option "Use Assembly" in the "Draw" menu. I hope it is useful for you. Good luck, Alicia

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.