Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

An unexpected error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody
I use COMSOL 3.5a to calculate the mode analysis of 2D system . The process is finished successfully, but the calculated results are not restored. and an error report is shown as follows :
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000059a1a685, pid=2212, tid=2856
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (10.0-b22 mixed mode windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atio6axx.dll+0x3fa685]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
would you like to tell me what is the reason for the error, any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.

1 Reply Last Post 29.05.2010, 09:58 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.05.2010, 09:58 GMT-4
Hi

I believe its a software issue between your ATI OGL driver and java, it could be a memory leak issue, often one should close and relaunch COMSOL after some calculations.

If it appears when COMSOL refreshes the screen after calculations then try to close or minimise the graphical view, befaure you launch the solve, then when solved it has less graphics to update and if it works save the file and reopen it with a freshly launched COMSOL, then only display the graphics in a larger screen. This isjust a guess, might not work, but I would have tried this way

Perhaps its also linked to a too small Java heap, then COMSOL in server - client mode could perhaps help, see the installation guide

Hope this helps
Ivar
Hi I believe its a software issue between your ATI OGL driver and java, it could be a memory leak issue, often one should close and relaunch COMSOL after some calculations. If it appears when COMSOL refreshes the screen after calculations then try to close or minimise the graphical view, befaure you launch the solve, then when solved it has less graphics to update and if it works save the file and reopen it with a freshly launched COMSOL, then only display the graphics in a larger screen. This isjust a guess, might not work, but I would have tried this way Perhaps its also linked to a too small Java heap, then COMSOL in server - client mode could perhaps help, see the installation guide Hope this helps Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.