Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error while importing Solidwork file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I need help in importing the solidwork file.
I am having error 3015 (unrecognize file type) while i am trying to import soild work file having geometry of pyramid.

thank you
Annie

1 Reply Last Post 04.06.2010, 00:35 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.06.2010, 00:35 GMT-4
Hi Annie,

the best way to import a file from Solidworks to Comsol is by using the parasolid fileformat .*x_b

Save your assembly or part in this fileformat (in Solidworks, save as...) and then import the geometry into Comsol. Be aware of the import tolerance depending on the size of your pyramid.

Severin
Hi Annie, the best way to import a file from Solidworks to Comsol is by using the parasolid fileformat .*x_b Save your assembly or part in this fileformat (in Solidworks, save as...) and then import the geometry into Comsol. Be aware of the import tolerance depending on the size of your pyramid. Severin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.