Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Infinite elements in general PDE mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I implemented multiphase flow via the general PDE mode and I couple it to electric potential (conductive media) measurements. It is no problem to active or build infinite elements in the AC/DC module, but is it possible in the PDE mode?

Thank you and best regards...

Johanna

1 Reply Last Post 09.02.2011, 11:30 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.02.2011, 11:30 GMT-5
Hi,

maybe it's possible. But if, I guess it wouldn't be easy. Maybe you can define a new type of element. For the math behind this topic I refer to this paper:

Zienkiewicz, OC ; Emson, C. ; Bettess, P.: A novel boundary infinite element.
In: International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering (1983)

kind regards
Hi, maybe it's possible. But if, I guess it wouldn't be easy. Maybe you can define a new type of element. For the math behind this topic I refer to this paper: Zienkiewicz, OC ; Emson, C. ; Bettess, P.: A novel boundary infinite element. In: International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering (1983) kind regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.