Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameter or frequency sweep for local or global variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

How can I correctly define and then plot my local variables that depend on frequency, following a frequency domain study (frequency sweep)?

I am using AC/DC module for a simple AC electrokinetics problem. My variable is a vector of force that depends on the electric field at a point, and frequency-dependent effective polarisation, alpha. Effective polarisation is in turn dependent on complex permittivity of the two materials that make the structure.

I defined the complex permittivities (eps_1 and eps_2) as parameters that depend on another parameter, frequency 'freq'. Alpha is a local variable given as an expression of the eps_1 and eps_2. Force is another vector variable whose X and Y components are given as expressions in alpha, Ex.norm, and Ey.norm.

Q1. I am unable to plot alpha(freq) from a frequency domain study, frequency sweep. I therefore don't trust my results for force. How could I verify the values of eps_1/2, and alpha for different frequencies? or plot them against frequency?

Q2. How can I ensure the values of the parameters specified are indeed changed according to the frequency sweep settings? Should I be defining the frequency-dependent parameters and variables differently?

Many thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 29.11.2011, 01:31 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.11.2011, 01:31 GMT-5
Hi

study the Results Derived Values node, this generates tables with your values, and you can easily plot your tables (icon on the table border)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi study the Results Derived Values node, this generates tables with your values, and you can easily plot your tables (icon on the table border) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.