Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plasma arc

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a plasma arc speaker (a sound generator based on the vibration of a ionized arc). I have setup a CCP module (I hope correctly... is the first time I use this physics), but now I don't know how I can read the result (how to understand if with the applied voltage the arc is generated and how it moves in time)

Anyone have experiencies of similar problem?

Thanks!!

2 Replies Last Post 02.05.2012, 08:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alessandro Aimar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2012, 10:13 GMT-4
Hi,

I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please sell your model to me and tell to which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh

regards,
Hi, I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please sell your model to me and tell to which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh regards,

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.05.2012, 08:43 GMT-4
This paper will help you in your project.

1D simulation of the electrode sheath of electric arcs (R Morrow and J J Lowke, A one-dimensional theory for the electrode sheaths of electric arcs, 1993 J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 26 634)
This paper will help you in your project. 1D simulation of the electrode sheath of electric arcs (R Morrow and J J Lowke, A one-dimensional theory for the electrode sheaths of electric arcs, 1993 J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 26 634)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.