Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using multiple study steps (of the same kind) under one optimization node

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to run an optimization on my optical structure, where my objective function is calculated from separate study steps each for an interval in the wavelength domain. The reson I want to have separate study steps is that meshing required for the lower wavelengths is too fine for the higher wavelengths and the simulation already takes too long, so I try to make the computation less expensive. So, please let me know if you have a better solution for this. The problem here is when I add multiple wavelength domain steps under the optimization node (see screenshot), I can not choose them in the objective function section of the optimization node, as it only shows the last wavelength domain step in the "Evaluate for" menu. Is there a way to do this in COMSOL?

PS. my version of COMSOL is v5.4.

Thank you already.

0 Replies Last Post 14.04.2023, 09:38 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ali Vafa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.