Boundary Mode Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI All,

I am working on simulating a SM fiber using the Electromagnetic Waves, Beam Envalopes physics. I am using two numeric ports. the issue that i am facing is that a section of the plot is missing, and I dont know why. I dont know if I have a boundary issue. Any help is appriciated.

1 Reply Last Post 13.12.2023, 22:21 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 months ago 13.12.2023, 22:21 GMT-5
Updated: 4 months ago 13.12.2023, 22:07 GMT-5

I'm just making a wild guess here, but... is the line that you selected for your "line graph" continuous? If it is not a continuous line, but rather three disconnected line segments, then that would account for the gaps in your plot. That said, if that isn't the issue and if you haven't identified the problem already, then I suggest posting your .mph file to the forum so others here can take a closer look.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I'm just making a wild guess here, but... is the *line* that you selected for your "line graph" *continuous*? If it is *not* a continuous line, but rather three disconnected line segments, then that would account for the gaps in your plot. That said, if that isn't the issue and if you haven't identified the problem already, then I suggest posting your .mph file to the forum so others here can take a closer look.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.