Tune into this webinar for the unveiling of COMSOL Multiphysics® version 6.0! This major upgrade introduces the Model Manager for simulation process management, the Uncertainty Quantification Module for global sensitivity and probabilistic analysis, and many significant updates to the add-on products.
You will see live demonstrations and have time to interact with COMSOL staff during a Q&A session. Release highlights that will be featured in the webinar include:
- Model Manager: Major new functionality allowing colleagues to collaborate and centrally organize models and apps, including access and version control as well as advanced search.
- Uncertainty Quantification Module: A new product that includes global sensitivity and probabilistic tools for uncertainty quantification, including design of experiments.
- 10x increased efficiency in solving surface-to-surface radiation.
- Flow-induced noise.
- Improved large eddy simulation (LES) with automatic wall treatment and thermal wall functions.
- Computation of parasitic inductances of PCBs in the frequency domain and adaptive meshing for microwave and mmWave circuits on PCBs.
- Magnetomechanics analysis for strongly coupled structural and magnetic multiphysics simulations.
- Hybrid boundary-element–finite-element method (BEM–FEM) for electromagnetic wave propagation.
- Faster solving for nonlinear structural materials.
- Fatigue evaluation for random vibrations.
- Menu and ribbon toolbar editor in the Application Builder.
This event will be held online.
December 14, 2021 | 2:00 p.m. CET (UTC+01:00)
VP of Product Management
Bjorn Sjodin is the VP of product management at COMSOL. He has been with COMSOL since 1995 and started out as a member of the development team in Stockholm, Sweden. He joined the COMSOL office in Burlington in 2002.
Ed Fontes is the chief technology officer at COMSOL. He has been with COMSOL since 1999, and was previously the lead developer for the CFD, heat transfer, and chemical engineering products. He received his PhD in chemical engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm.
Fanlong Meng is a senior developer at COMSOL. He has worked with uncertainty quantification and solver and numerical analysis. He graduated with a doctorate in mechanical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where he conducted research on numerical partial differential equation solvers and domain decomposition.
Technology Manager, User Interface
Senior VP of Sales