Want to learn how to efficiently model heat transfer? Join us for this course to get an overview of the capabilities of the heat transfer interfaces in the COMSOL® software.
Daily schedule: 10 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT - Course material and exercise 12–1 p.m. EDT - Break (offline) 1–4 p.m. EDT - Course material and exercise
- Overview of heat transfer interfaces
- Heat sources
- Thermal contact
- Discrete models: isothermal domains and lumped thermal systems
- Bioheat transfer and classical multiphysics couplings
- Nonisothermal flow
- Flow compressibility
- Forced convection, gravity, and natural convection
- Laminar and turbulent flow regimes
- Energy balance
- Heat transfer porous media
- Heat transfer in pipes
- Heat transfer in shells
- Heat transfer with phase change
- Moisture transport
- Discretization, mesh, and solvers
- Surface-to-surface radiation
- Wavelength dependency of material properties
- Radiation in participating media ** DOM ** P1 ** Rosseland ** Beer Lambert
- Ambient data
This course assumes familiarity with the fundamentals of heat transfer. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics® take the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics® online training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 4-day course is $795 per person.
We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $595.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email.
This training course will be recorded, and the recording will be made available to all paid registrants.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Training Course Details
September 27–30, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. EDT (UTC-04:00)
Senior Applications Engineer